Since its beginning, Automated Logic has focused on one objective: to develop innovative building automation systems with the latest technologies, which advance operational freedom, flexibility and ease of use.
With the introduction of the Internet, the capabilities of building control combined with our technologies, the global communications platform has achieved new levels:
- The ability to access information and control buildings from anywhere
- The ability to access information with a variety of devices, from desktop PCs to web-enabled cell phones
- The elimination of multiple databases, minimizing management needs
These capabilities are yours with WebCTRL®, the Automated Logic’s web- based building automation system. Unlike other systems merely adapted to the web, WebCTRL adopted emerging web technologies, creating the industry’s most open, integrated and full-featured system.
Yet building automation is just part of the story. Combined with its reporting, trending scheduling capabilities, WebCTRL can help you better analyze your energy consumption, develop more effective conservation strategies and ultimately save on your operating costs. The Automated Logic commitment to open standards came front-and-center with WebCTRL. Only open standards can take full advantage of the World Wide Web, enabling WebCTRL to offer end-to-end operating freedom.
WebCTRL supports major communications protocols including BACnet®, LonWorks®, MODBUS and SNMP. With its ability to run on Java2-compliant server platforms such as Windows®, Linux and Sun™ Solaris™, WebCTRL can operate with many JDBC-compliant databases including Access, SQL and Oracle®. And since it supports XML/SOAP, WebCTRL can easily share data with enterprise or third-party software to accomplish a range of tasks including:
- Generation of bills for tenants’ off-hours usage
- Automatic generation of building systems’ maintenance work orders
- Real-time usage pricing and/or system operating responses
With these capabilities and more, you’ve never had such potential to configure, network and manage building control systems in ways that best serve your operating needs and budget.
With capabilities like ours, you’d think web-based building automation would be puzzling. Not so with WebCTRL.
In fact, you won’t find a system approaching the operational flexibility and ease of use of WebCTRL. The potential of WebCTRL is universal – literally. It enables you to access your BAS from anywhere in the world through a number of devices – including desktop computers, laptop computers, PDAs and cell phones – equipped with Internet Explorer®. And with no need for add-on software.
That communications flexibility extends to its functionality as well. WebCTRL provides local to global energy management and control – from single-user, single-site to multi-user, multi-site, even multi-server installations. And it easily interfaces with major electrical and mechanical subsystemsincluding standby generators, lighting and fire systems, building elevator systems and more. Combined with its intuitive navigation and graphical user interface – the best in the business – WebCTRL offers users a level of efficiency and productivity not found with other systems.
WebCTRL not only saves energy – it saves on expenses. Unlike other systems that require costly custom programming and are more difficult to use, our energy-saving features are fully integrated at installation. Features like:
- Setpoint Optimization – calculates optimum setpoint values based on actual operating requirements
- Optimum Start – assures comfortable settings at time of occupancy based on building conditions and system capacity
- Demand Reduction – reduces energy use on a short-term basis in response to utility pricing, billing criteria, regional consumption, etc
These energy-saving functions are combined with a wealth of other standard operating features, some of which include:
- Thermographic Color Floor Plans – convey a quick understanding of facility-wide comfort and operating conditions
- Hierarchical and Group Scheduling – supports customized, graphically displayed schedules for building, floors, zones or equipment groups to flexibly manage energy use
- Trending – enables operators to track and troubleshoot building conditions
- Logging/Reporting – extracts and formats operating data from a browser to Acrobat®, Excel® and other applications with a single click
- Logical Alarming – generates alarms and notifies users following a specified sequence of events